Since the admission for Army Medical College is announced open, here are some guidelines that will help you successfully register and apply for AMC.
1. Who can apply for AMC Medical Cadet?
As a Medical Cadet only boys can apply in Army Administrated Medical Colleges with the given eligibility criteria.
17-21 years as on 1st November 2020 (Flexibility of 3 months for upper and lower age limit)
Citizen of Pakistan or domicile holder of Azad Kashmir/Gilgit Baltistan.
FSc (pre-medical) with minimum 70% marks. Candidates with domicile holder of Baluchistan, Sindh (District Tharparkar, Omar Kot), Azad Kashmir and FATA can apply with minimum 65%.
• For ‘O’ or ‘A’ Level candidates will be required to get Equivalence certificate and conversion of marks from Inter board committee of chairman (IBCC).
• Candidates who have passed FSc Part-I Examination with minimum 70% marks and appeared/ are appearing in FSc Part-II/ Final Examination can also apply on “HOPE Certificates” by the Head of the institutions. Such candidates must deposit an attested copy of FSc Part II Certificate/ Mark Sheets to PA Directorate (PA-3C) GHQ Rawalpindi within 5 days of announcement of result; otherwise their selection will not be processed further 2. How to Apply?
Student can register by going to link https://www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk/
or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs).
• Date and Time of the test will be provided once the form is filled. It is mandatory for the student to appear on the same date and time to be eligible for the test. No request for change in date and time will be entertained.
• Applicant must bring the required documents along with the prospectus fee on the day of test.
• Applicant must be equipped with the knowledge of computer as the test will be conducted on computers. 3. Where to submit the Registration Form?
If candidate is registering by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs) then candidate must bring required documents and prospectus fee on the day of registering and fill and submit the form, there. 4. What is the Registration deadline?
Registration Deadline: 16th August 20205. What is the Test Pattern?
As per the criteria, preliminary test includes.
• Written Test:
Written test will include MCQs based questions from the following subject with given weightage for each subject as
• Physical Test:
Applicant who will pass written test will be called for the physical/ medical tests at AS&RCs.
• Intelligence/Personality Test:
Applicants who will pass the above tests will be shortlisted for the intelligence/personality test and interviews by the GHQ Selection Board at Army Medical College, Rawalpindi through website as well as call up letter.
• Medical examination of the candidate will be carried out at CMH. Final selection will be made according to the overall performance score. 6. Can girls apply in Medical Cadet? If not, then what to do?
Girls cannot apply for Medical Cadet, but they can apply as Paying Cadets. As a paying cadet, candidate can only apply if they belong to Army family background. They are selected in NUMS, NUST and UET according to the merit.
Along with that, girls as well as boys can apply in AMC through NUMS Entry Test. Such students are called NUMS cadet. Anybody who has done FSc can apply for NUMS even students who are still waiting for their FSc part-2 result. 7. How to Prepare for NUMS Test?
If you are planning to apply as the NUMS cadet, then you should prepare yourself for NUMS entry test. NUMS entry test is aggregated by weight-age of 10% matriculation marks, 40% FSc and 50% test marks. So, If you want to appear in NUMS test, then you can do your preparation by joining NUMS course of Nearpeer.