UHS has announced the admission schedule and details for admission in the 18 public sector medical and 3 dental colleges of Punjab. The registrations for medical and dental colleges’ admission will start from 23rd of September and will close on the 30th of September, 2019. In this article, we'll share all the information related to the admission process, so take notes, future doctors!
Categories of seats: The University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore, shall make admissions into public-sector medical/dental institutions of Punjab against the following categories of seats: 1. Open Merit 2. Disabled Students 3. Under-Developed Districts 4. Cholistan 5. Children of Overseas Pakistanis/Dual Nationality Holders of Pakistani Origin 6. Reciprocal Seats (for Punjab-domiciled candidates)
Aggregate percentage calculation formula: You’ll need to submit your aggregate while filling your registration form. The formula for aggregate calculation is given as follows: -F.Sc. Pre-Medical/HSSC/ equivalent - 50% -Admission Test - 50% Aggregate Percentage can be calculated by adding the percentage of HSSC Pre-Medical/Equivalent marks and Entry test marks and then dividing the sum by two. Final calculation in percentage will be rounded up to four decimal points.
ADMISSION PROCESS: The application process is completely online and no manual or paper-based application is required. The step by step procedure has been described as follows
1. Register yourself on the web portal at BOP: First of all, you’ve to register yourself at https://www.bop.com.pk/UHS/Login.aspx with your email ID and set your password, after which you’ll receive a pin code on your email address. You’ll be required to enter this pin code the first time you log in to your BOP account, along with of course your email ID and password (Make sure you don’t forget them). The Web Portal for Online Application process shall be activated on 23rd September 2019, from 9.00 A.M.
2. Scanning your documents: You’ll be required to submit your scanned documents (Matric, FSc result cards, domicile, CNIC), your photographs, signatures and Left thumb impression. a. For document scanning purposes, better seek the services of an expert. Ensure that file size is a maximum of 2.0 MB per document. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. b. The photograph must be a recent passport size color picture taken against a light-colored, preferably white background. c. For signature scanning, mark two signs on a white paper with black ink/gel pen. d. Similarly, put your Left Thumb Impression (LTI) on the same page with blue/black stamp pad and then scan it.
3. Enter your profile information: After logging into the account, enter your profile information including your name, domicile, Matric, intermediate and MDCAT score.
4. Upload your scanned documents: After making all entries, you will be required to upload his/her scanned mandatory documents including:
a. Matriculation Certificate or result card/Equivalence Certificate of O-Level issued by IBCC b. HSSC Pre-Medical result card/Equivalence Certificate of A-Level/12th Grade issued by IBCC c. Transcript/certificate of A-level/12th Grade (only for candidates having foreign qualifications) issued by the concerned foreign institution d. Domicile Certificate of the candidate e. CNIC/Smart Card for Juvenile/Pakistani Passport of the applicant f. Recent color photographs of the candidate, Size: 3.5cm wide & 4.5cm high g. Specimen signatures h. Left thumb impression of the applicant.
5. Enter your information CAREFULLY: Carefully read the instructions and follow them in order to fill your application form correctly. You’ll have an option to Log out at any stage but do not forget to “SAVE” the entries you’ve made. You can access your form any other time by logging in and clicking “In-Process Application”.
6. Submit your application form: Once you are satisfied that your application is complete in all respects, you can make the final submission by clicking the “SAVE & SUBMIT” button after which you will not be able to edit your application. Take a print-out of your submitted application which shall be marked as “Final Copy” on top of it.
7. Biometric variation: You will get a bank fee challan with the print out of your application form. Visit, in person, the nearest branch of The Bank of Punjab along with the Final Copy of your application print-out, fee challan form, and Original CNIC/Smart Card for Juvenile. Please note once again that it is mandatory for you to visit the bank in person for biometric verification.
8. Submission of processing fee: On successful bio-metric verification, you’ll be asked to deposit Bank Verification and Processing Fee of Rs. 195 and University Admission Processing Fee of Rs. 500/- per category of seat.
9. Display of provisional merit lists: On 10th of October 2019, the University will display on its website, category-wise Provisional Merit Lists of the candidates who have successfully applied for admissions.
10. Submission of college preference: After the display of Provisional Merit Lists, the web portal on which the candidates filled online application will be re-activated for three days (15 October-18 October) and the candidates will be allowed to enter the names of three colleges in order of his/her preference (Except for Reciprocal Seats where the candidate can only opt two colleges).
11. Display of first merit list: The first merit list for MBBS and BDS will be displayed on 22nd of October, 2019. Starting with the first preference, the candidate will be assessed for all the three colleges he/she has named in his priority list. In case, his/her merit is lower than the merit of all the three colleges he/she has named, a computerized matching process will allocate the candidate a place on merit in a college which has the least number of seats left vacant, that is, the highest merit college available for him/her.
Before submitting your application form, carefully read the prospectus given on the official website of UHS using this link http://www.uhs.edu.pk/mcat/prospectus2019.pdf. The classes will commence from 1st of November, 2019 so good luck to all of you who’ll hopefully secure their admission. Rest of you who didn’t make it this time, don’t feel bad and explore other fields as the world is not run by doctors alone :D