The Pak Army’s doors are open for commission in Pak-army through the PMA-153 long course. For successful commission, through the PMA-153 Long Course, you have to fulfill all the mentioned criteria.
Following are described
Marital Status: Unmarried (married serving personnel of the Armed forces over 20 years of age are eligible).
· Intermediate Equivalent
· Graduate 2 years
· Graduate 4 years
|Education||Age||Relaxation in Age|
|Intermediate or Equivalent||17-22 years||Relax able for three months both in upper and lower age limits|
|Graduates (2 years graduation) and serving Pak-Navy, Pak-Airforce Personnel||17-23 years||Relax able for three months both in upper and lower age limits|
|Graduates with 4 years graduation program (BA/BBA/BPA/BA(Hon)||17-24 years||No Relaxation|
|Serving Army Soldiers||17-25 years||No Relaxation|
Height: Minimum height 5 feet 4 inches
Weight: As per Body Mass Index (BMI)
Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir/Gilgit-Baltistan. (Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani).
· Candidates who secure a minimum of 55% marks in Intermediate (FA/FSC) or equivalent
· Serving Army Soldiers also can apply if they have passed FA/FSC or equivalent with 50% marks.
· Candidates who have passed the FSc Part-1 Examination with a minimum of 60% marks and appeared/are appearing in FSc Part-2 / Final Exams can also apply on basis of "Hope Certificates" duly issued by the Head of the institution.
· 55% marks for the candidates from specified areas with domicile.
· A-level candidates with an aggregate of 60% marks are eligible.
· Graduates can apply who secure 60% marks in BS/BA/(HON)/BBA BPA, with 50% marks in FSc.
· Screened out twice by ISSB
· Twice rejected by ISSB
· Declared medically unfit by an appeal medical board (Army)
· Withdrawn/resigned/discharged/resigned or purchase of commission from any Armed Forces officers Academy/Training Institution on any ground.
· An individual dismissed/removed from any other government services.
· Convicted by a court of law for an offense involving any type of corruption.
· Tampering with academic certificates
Registration for the PMA-153 Long course is starting on 9th October 2023, visit https://www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk/ for registration.
Q: How to prepare for the PMA-153 long course at home?
Ans: Yes, you can prepare for PMA-153 and ISSB from the ease of your home. Click to talk to Nearpeer’s counselor for more information.https://wa.link/70y34f
Q: Can I join the Pakistan Army PMA long course after FSC?
Ans: Yes, you can join. You have to search “join Pak army” on Google and then on the official website of the army, you have to register yourself for the PMA long course according to the instructions.
Q: What are the exact eyesight criteria for both the Pakistan Army Medical College and the PMA long course?
Ans: Distance Vision: with glasses 6/9,6/12 Near Vision J2 J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses.
Q: I want to join the Pakistan Army and I passed my matric in 2020. Can I join the army as an officer or should I have to complete my intermediate with pre-medical?
Yes: You can join the Pakistan Army subject to the requirements laid down for induction in the Pak Army.
Q: Is a person suffering from cataracts fit for the ISSB and PMA long course?
Ans: No, the person is unfit.
Q: Can I join the Pakistan Army long course after being a soldier in the army?
Ans: Yes, Serving Soldiers can also apply for a commission in the Pakistan Army through Long Course.