FPSC Announced Screening Test for CSS Exam
Recent sources state The Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Fawad Chaudhary explained the reasoning for the move made by the federal government for announcing screening tests for the CSS examination. He said that akin to the introduction of a screening test for the MDCAT, the CSS examinations will also now pre-screen applicants through an MCQ-based test, with the passing marks set at 33. He went on to explain how this would ensure that only serious candidates attempt the exam, thereby streamlining and shortening the 18 month-long recruitment process.
Below are the more specific details for said screening test.
The CSS screening test will cover the following topics:
Islamic Studies / Civics & Ethics"
Urdu: Grammar usage, Translation
English: Vocabulary, Grammar usage. Comprehension
Basic Arithmetic, Algebra & Geometry
Logical problem solving and analytical abilities
Mental Abilities General Knowledge:
The decision by the federal cabinet to institute a CSS screening test stands in stark contrast to an earlier decision by the same cabinet in 2019 when the FPSC’s proposal for the screening test was rejected.
The proposed test was designed to test a candidate's analytical and problem-solving abilities, as well as contain a psychometric evaluation. However, concerns were raised in the federal cabinet regarding how such a test would disadvantage candidates from undeveloped or remote areas, who do not have experience with GRE or SAT format testing.
The new proposal, however, which has been approved, seems to have the CSS screening test modeled on the CSS examinations themselves, with the exception that it will be completely MCQ-based.
With the introduction of this test, we could expect to see a rise in the percentage of successful candidates in the CSS examinations, as well as a quicker announcement of the results.
CSS MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT)
• MPT will be effective from CSS CE 2022.
• Mandatory Qualifying Test for appearing in Main Written CSS CE 2022. • Appearance in MPT will not be counted as a chance.
• MPT will comprise of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of One Mark each.
• No Negative Marking.
• Time duration will be 200 Minutes.
• Qualifying Threshold: Overall 33% Marks (66/200).
• Answer key will be uploaded on the FPSC website on the same day after the conclusion of the Test.
. Candidates will be allowed to take carbon copy of answer sheet.
• MPT will be a knowledge-based test.
• Score of MPT will be valid only for the same year's CSS CE and will not be counted towards
overall marks determining final merit position.
• Cut-off date to determine eligibility in terms of age, qualification, domicile etc. is 31.12.2021.
• Fee for MPT will be Rs. 500/- (Non-Refundable).
Syllabus: For details visit FPSC website: https://www.fpsc.gov.pk/css2022
All graduates having at least 2nd Division in Bachelor's degree and between the age of twenty-one to thirty years on the cut-off date 31" December 2021 are eligible to apply. Two Years Age Relaxation is admissible to the Categories Specified in CSS CE Rules 2019.
14th Nov 2021
Online Applications for Prelim MCQ Test ===>
14th Nov-15th Dec 2021
Conduct of Test & Posting of Answer Key on Web ===>
20th Feb 2022
Official Result Announcement ===>
7th Mar 2022
Forms & Documents from MCQ Test Qualifiers ===>
8th-25th Mar 2022
Main Written Examination (commencement date) ===>
30th May 2022